Field Trips and Guest Lectures
The Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Plant-Based Culinary Arts and Restaurant & Culinary Management programs take full advantage of ICE's location in Los Angeles.
Our reputation and connections pave the way for access to the finest restaurants, top chefs, the most influential designers, the most demanding wholesalers, and the most charismatic marketing and PR agencies on both coasts. ICE offers a unique real-life view into what makes food businesses successful by providing students with guest lectures and field trips to notable locations off-site.
- Michael Cimarusti, executive chef and owner of Best Girl, Connie & Ted's, Il Pesce Cucina and Providence; 2019 James Beard Award winner for Best Chef: West
- Susan Feniger, chef and co-owner of Border Grill restaurants
- Timothy Hollingsworth, chef and owner of Otium, C.J. Boyd’s Fried Chicken and Free Play at The Fields LA
- Bruce Kalman, chef and TV personality
- Jeong Kwan, a South Korean Buddhist nun known for temple cuisine and her appearance on "Chef's Table"
- Antonia Lofaso, executive chef and owner of Black Market Liquor Bar, DAMA and Scopa Italian Roots
- Kim Malek, co-owner and CEO of Salt & Straw
- Curtis Stone, chef and owner of Gwen and Maude
- Amy's Farm
- APL Restaurant by Adam Perry Lang
- Dominique Ansel Bakery
- Grand Central Market
- The Larder
- Drunken Noodles with Jazz from Jitlada
- Everything You Want to Know About Restaurant Design by Alexis Redinger of Preen, Inc.
- Exotic Fruits by Melissa's Produce
- Georgian Khachapuri with The League of Kitchens
- Neo-Neapolitan Pizza by Daniele Uditi of Pizzana
- Olive Oil Tasting by California Olive Oil Council
- Partnering with Your Purveyor by Debra Rocker of Rocker Bros. Meats
- Press Coverage for Restaurants and Food Brands by Farley Elliott, senior editor at Eater LA
- Recipe Writing Workshop by cookbook author Marge Perry
- Social Media Marketing for Chefs and Restaurants by David Spiegelman of PR agency Wagstaff Worldwide
- Sugar Design by Chef Matthew Chamussy of Porto's Pastry
- Tea Tasting with Yoon Hee Kim of TeaClassics Tea & Food Arts Center
- Taste of Korea
- What Restaurateurs Need to Know Before Signing a Lease by Eddie Navarette of FE Design and Consulting