Chef Stephen Chavez has 20 years of industry and teaching experience, most recently as a technical product manager from BakeMark USA. Prior to that he was the bakery director and executive chef of Tierra Mia Coffee Company with 19 cafes in Southern and Northern California. He has been a pastry chef at Santa Anita Park and Caffe Opera and Bakery.
Chef Chavez was also a chef instructor for Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts for many years where he taught every class in both the baking and culinary programs (and many academic courses).
Chef Chavez holds an AOS degree in Culinary Arts and a BA in Culinary Management from Le Cordon Bleu.
He joined the Institute of Culinary Education's Los Angeles campus in 2020.
- Bakery Director/Executive Chef, Tierra Mia Coffee Company, 2017-2018
- Chef Instructor, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Los Angeles, 2003-2017
- Pastry Chef, Santa Anita Park, 2003
- Chef/Pastry Chef/Head Caterer, Caffe' Opera and Bakery, 2001-2003
- Assistant Pastry Chef, Naturally David's, 2001
- BA in Culinary Management, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts - Scottsdale, AZ, 2014
- Associates of Occupational Studies in Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts - Los Angeles, CA, 2001