New Yorkers know a thing or two about happy hour—but how much do they know about the ingredients and techniques behind their favorite drinks? At ICE’s hands-on mixology parties, students dive into the history of the world’s most iconic cocktails and take top shelf bartending skills for a spin.
Recently, ICE was thrilled to host an exclusive listener cocktail party for fans of NYC radio stations Z100 and Power 105.1. Hosted by Bethany Watson of Z100’s Elvis Duran and The Morning Show and Angela Yee of Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, guests shook up classic Prohibition-era cocktails including the Sazerac, The Bees Knees, Ramos Gin Fizz, Brandy Alexander and more.
Ready to shake things up at your next event? Whether for corporate team-building, client entertaining or getting to know your loyal listeners, there are endless variations on mixology party themes at ICE:
- Around the World – cocktails from France, Malaysia, Italy, Brazil and beyond
- A Formal Affair – featuring the Vesper Martini from Ian Fleming’s very first Bond novel, Casino Royale
- Tiki Party – fruity, rum-forward drinks that are balanced and not too sweet
- American Pastime – iconic American cocktails from the 1800s to modern day
- The Speakeasy – featuring such cocktails as The Bees Knees, The Corpse Reviver #2 and the Sazerac
- Summertime – refreshing, fizzy and frozen drinks that help you beat the heat
A typical event includes a 30-minute cocktail reception, followed by a 90-minute hands-on lesson in which guests will learn how to make six different drinks. Available for groups ranging from 14 to 125 guests, these cocktail events can be held in any of our spaces, including our state-of-the-art Mixology Center and waterfront Demonstration Kitchen.
Click here for free information about hosting your special event at ICE.