By Cindi Avila
The pre-season: that time of year when football fans anxiously await the plays that will define their season and daydream about grill-fired pre-game feasts. With that in mind, the Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) and the New York Jets are proud to announce a new partnership: the official New York Jets Cooking School – Tailgating Division.
“Jets fans consider tailgating an important part of their gameday experience and we want them to train with the best in food and football,” says Jets team President Neil Glat. This exclusive series of hands-on cooking classes is designed to take fans’ culinary skills and tailgating technique to the next level. Participants will also have the unique chance to tour the stadium, gain field access and meet their favorite Jets players.
Jets and ICE fans will kick things off with five events in 2013:
- September 21st at MetLife Stadium – “Jets Grilling Boot Camp“
- October 7th at ICE – “Pro Team Proteins: NY Steakhouse Classics with a Jets Twist”
- October 14th at ICE – “Flavor Touchdown! Cooking with Bourbon and Beer”
- November 2nd at MetLife Stadium – “Jets Fans Tailgate Favorites”
- December 2nd at ICE – “The Ultimate Training Table: Cooking Jets’ Player Favorites”
“We are excited to launch the first pro football team-branded cooking school,” says ICE President Rick Smilow, “and we look forward to teaching Jets fans some new offensive strategy in the kitchen and on the grill.”
To take part visit: http://www.ice.edu/jets