By Cindi Avila
The Institute of Culinary Education is about to hit the friendly skies. This week, we were thrilled to host “The Cabin Pressure Cook Off”, a new culinary competition that has Delta Air Lines partnering with Food & Wine magazine.
Four former Food & Wine “Best New Chefs” went head to head in our kitchens, vying for the chance to consult with Delta on menus for flights departing Atlanta.
- Hugh Acheson of Empire State South in Atlanta and Five & Ten and The National in Athens, Ga.
- Linton Hopkins of Restaurant Eugene and Holeman & Finch Public House in Atlanta.
- Kelly English of Restaurant Iris and The Second Line in Memphis, Tenn., and Kelly English Steakhouse in St. Louis.
- George Mendes of ALDEA in New York.
The competition will be aired as a four-part series on Delta Air Lines (among other broadcast outlets). So you just may see it on your next flight!
For more information about the competition, check out the following articles:
- “A Cook-Off Among Chefs to Join Delta’s Kitchens“, New York Times
- “Airline Holds Cooking Competition to Find New Chef“, ABC News
- “Delta, Food & Wine team on culinary competition“, Atlanta Business Chronicle