29. July 2010 · Categories: Alumni

Whether as chefs, cake decorators, specialty food purveyors or caterers, ICE alumni are finding success in a plethora of different avenues in the food world. Check out just some of the alumni finding success and making recent headlines.

* Susie Middleton (Culinary ’92) published her cookbook, Fast, Fresh & Green, a collection of vegetable dishes.

* Vanessa Maltin (Culinary ’10) released The Gloriously Gluten-Free Cookbook: Spicing Up Life with Italian, Asian and Mexican Recipes.

* Lina Kulchinsky (Pasty ‘07) and her business, Sigmund Pretzel Shop, were featured in an article on pretzels in The New York Times.

* Donna Chernow’s (Pastry ’10) ice cream sandwiches at The Meatball Shop were featured in New York Magazine.

* Jennifer Clair (Culinary ’98) was recently featured in a New York Times article for her cooking school, Home Cooking New York. Also joining her as instructors are Rebecca Pérez (Culinary ’02) and ICE Chef Instructor Melanie Underwood.

* Melissa Ricketts (Culinary ’07) took part in the recent Chefs Move to Schools conference at the White House.

* Paul Yeaple (Culinary ‘07) was the winner on an episode of Food Network’s Chopped.

* Anthony Ferrando’s (Culinary ‘94) restaurant, Dish, was profiled in The New York Times.

To connect with these ICE alumni and many more, join ICE’s network on LinkedIn, or follow ICE on Facebook and Twitter.

2 Comments

1. Man, my grandmomma was from Sicily and she made the most delicious meatballs I ever tasted, like you wouldnt believe. Sadly, she died last year and she didnt leave a single recipe for us so I’ve been trying to figure it out by myself… slowly working my through the meatball recipes here, I still cant figure out what her secret ingredient was though!!!

2. I enjoyed immensely your culinary classes in nyc and my children since then have also been enjoying chef school for kids thanks to the wonderful inspiration your courses gave us all!